Thursday, December 3

BLOGMAS #3: MAKEUP REVOLUTION ULTRA 32 SHADE EYESHADOW PALETTE IN FLAWLESS | REVIEW



Why so late to the game? I’m not sure but I know I should’ve got this palette soon! I’ve been wanting to get my hands on the Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette in Flawless (they could have chosen a bigger name clearly) but there was always something holding back. I finally got is as an “early Christmas present” for myself and I’m really glad I did.

From my point of view this is the type of palette you can’t not like it before you try it because the packaging is incredible. I love the fact that the packaging is so simple and classic. It feels really sturdy and the gigantic mirror inside is incredible. At first sight at least this is the perfect palette to pack whenever you go on holiday. It has a big variety of shimmer and matte shades which get take from day to night and the big mirror means you can do your makeup pretty much anywhere.

All the shades are very smooth and easy to blend but some are a lot more pigmented than others. Normally the shimmer ones are more pigmented as well as the darker colours. I think the less pigmented the shade is Paper which a matte yellow shade that is not the type of colour I use so it doesn’t really make much difference. I’ve used a few shades several times and I haven’t noticed any fall out which amazes me as the palette was so inexpensive.

A little trick I have been doing is using a wet brush (with plain water) to apply the eyeshadows and then blend them with a dry brush. The result is incredible as the shades look even more pigmented and vibrant and they actually last longer on your eyes. The overall lasting power of these isn’t incredible (without applying with wet brush) but I’ve only used them without any primer on and I do have oily lids. In these conditions the shades last about 3 to 4 hours but they last longer if you do the little trick and I suppose they will last a lot longer too if you apply a primer before.



From left to right:Green Stars, Red Night, Medal, Golden Digger, Barely Pink, Unlimited, Highlite

My favourite shades are mostly dark and shimmer. Probably because it’s winter and Christmas time? I think Red Nights is perfect to create a look for Christmas Eve and there’s also Golden Night to complete the look! How can someone not be excited about trying all of these?

I've also bought two brushes from MR. The Pro Eyebrow one (E104) that I have been loving and the Pro Eyeshadow Blending one (E103) that I'm not so in love with. It does blend really easily but some of the bristles hurt the skin around your eye so I wasn't much impressed!

Have you tried these palette or any from Makeup Revolution?

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment