Friday, December 4

BLOGMAS #4: CHRISTMAS INSPIRED NAILS

Not having time to always do nails is something I’m quite sorry about but defining my priorities is something I really need to do so most of the times nails don’t go to second place but to tenth or more. With Christmas coming and me doing Blogmas I knew I had to find a little time to give my nails and Christmas touch and this was the final result!


Even though it might seem a bit complicated to some of you, I promise you it’s not and I’m pretty sure many of you have done this little “trick” before. To achieve this half burgundy half white colour scheme, all you have to do is apply one or two coats of white nail polish depending on how opaque the colour is and apply a coat of glitter nail polish if you want it looking like the pointer nail finger.

Leave it to dry really well. If you use a quick dry nail polish, you won’t have to wait that long. Once the white coat has fully dried, you need to put some adhesive tape diagonally on your nails so that you end up with half of your nail covered. Then all you have to do is apply a coat of the burgundy nail polish and wait for it to dry. I used the Rimmel 60 Seconds Super Shine in 340 Berries and Cream. When you’re sure that all the coats of nail polishes are fully dry, carefully remove the adhesive tape so that you don’t remove any of the white nail polish (that’s why it’s so important that it has dried completely).

If you want to achieve the look of the ring finger nail, all you have to do is apply a coat of glitter nail polish after all of the steps are done and not before you use the adhesive tape. I thought that one super glittery nail would be enough so I left all the others with only half nail of glitter! I always apply a coat of the Essence The Gel Nail Polish in 01 Absolute Pure to make the nail polishes last longer!

I think this would look really pretty if instead of burgundy, you used green and blue as those are very Christmassy colours too! I can’t wait to try a few more Christmassy nails and share them with you!

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment