Some people have seen themselves wearing glasses their entire life and some not so much. I think it's harder to adapt if you've only been wearing glasses for a few years and sometimes there are little adjustments to be made so that your eyes can still pop and your makeup can still look fabulous!
I have been wearing glasses for only two years but through this time I have been trying different things and following advices from makeup artists and other beauty bloggers! I didn't came up with any of these tips, I simply follow them and believe that these can makeup a difference on your look when you're wearing glasses.
1. Always make sure you brighten the area under your eyes because even though your eyes might be "hidden" by your glasses these you call attention to this area.
2. Shape and define your brows. Glasses often help to frame your face if chosen correctly and so do brows if you define them. Eyebrows can be a girl's best friend and if you're using glasses, it's always nice to define them a bit more.
3. Use a nude eyeliner on your waterline and a bright eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eye, if your glasses make your eyes look smaller. This step will give the illusion of bigger eyes.
4. Choose brighter colours for your lips and neutrals for the eyes. This is perfect if you want a bolder look as it's easier to makeup your lips stand out rather than the eyes.
5. Curl your lashes and prefer volumizing mascara. I could never go without mascara but lengthening mascaras are often not the best because your eyelashes will keep touching your lenses all day. Curled and voluminous lashes will give a lot more emphasis to the eyes.
6. To help define your eyes a bit more you can always use eyeliner and go for the classic cat wing. It will make your eyes pop a lot more. You can also apply eyeshadow on the lower lash line for a smudgier look.
7. Defined eyes doesn't mean dark eye makeup look. A dark look will make your eyes look more tired. Always go for lighter colours. Instead of black you can use brown!
8. As glasses can drive all the attention to themselves, it's always to balance that out and make your skin be in the spotlight! Add a bit of blush and highlight to create a flawless look and define your face.
9. If there's some fall out when you apply powder eyeshadow, go for cream ones as those won't transfer any dirtiness to the lenses.
10. Keep your lenses clean! Most of the times the person that is actually wearing the glasses doesn't realize that those lenses are all dirty but everyone else can see it so make sure you always have your lenses cleaned!
What tips can you share for glasses wearers? What do you think of these?