Last week I wrote "5 Reasons Why You Should Eat Watermelon" and during my research I found out many amazing things so this week I'm sharing with you 5 reasons why you should eat strawberries, an absolute favorite of so many people!
1. Boost immunity. Strawberries are one of the greatest sources of vitamin C. This vitamin is known for boosting your immunity and for being a powerful and fast-working antioxidant.
2. Prevent aging. Strawberries are high in antioxidants that protect our bodies from free radicals which means it also protects us from the sun and prevents aging (retarding the appearance of wrinkles) and other diseases.
3. Improve digestion. Strawberries are high in fibre meaning this delicious fruit can help your digestive system improving digestion and bloating and can also be a good fruit to eat when you're trying to lose weight.
4. Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Strawberries provide an anti-inflammatory effect and help fighting bad cholesterol which helps preventing heart disease and diabetes.
5. Help maintaining weight. Strawberries are low calorie, fat-free and low in sodium and sugar. 100 grams of strawberries have around 33 calories which means that even if you eat the triple amount of strawberries, you'll have consumed less than 100 calories.
Strawberries are a great snack for Summer. You can eat it by itself or incorporate it in other recipes that you enjoy like salads and smoothies! Do you like strawberries? What's your favorite fruit to have during the Summer months?