When Summer comes it's time to drink a lot of water and eat a lot of delicious fruits that we can't find during the rest of the year like watermelon. Watermelon is one of my favorite fruits to eat on Summer because it's fresh and very light. Wanting to know more about it I went to search it and today I'm sharing it with you!
1. Hydrates your body. Watermelon is made up of 92% water which makes it a great snack to have during hot weather as it can prevent dehydration.
2. Improves skin and hair. Watermelon contains Vitamin A that is required for sebum production that keeps your hair moisturized. Vitamin A is also necessary for the production of new cells helping improve your skin.
3. Improves digestion. Due to its high levels of water and fibers, Watermelon can prevent constipation and help regulate your digestive track which also means it's a great fruit for those who are trying to lose weight.
4. Low in calories. Despite its sweet taste, Watermelon is low in calories so it's a great fruit for those moments when you want something sweet to eat but you don't want to ingest many calories.
5. Prevents asthma. Several studies affirm that Vitamin A and C help prevent different problems on the respiratory system such as asthma or bronchitis. Watermelon contains both these vitamins!
What do you think of these benefits? I don't necessarily eat watermelon because of it but I think these facts are really interesting and can help you a lot.