Saturday, June 6

WHY YOU SHOULD DRINK LEMON WATER


Drinking water is more than essential to keep our organism working perfectly but sometimes it isn't easy to remind yourself to actually do it. Drinking lemon water is the easiest way for me to drink water because it's very refreshing so today I'm going to tell you a few reasons why you should drink lemon water.

Please note that I'm no expert at all and all the things I'm about to tell you I searched online and I experienced myself so that I can truly agree with these benefits. There are many others that you can find online but I haven't really noticed more than the ones you'll read here. 

First things first, there is actually different ways of making lemon juice. You can squeeze some lemon juice into your glass of water or you can add some slices of lemon in your glass. Personally I prefer to add two or three slices into a bottle of water (0,75L).

1. Improves Digestion
Lemon is said to act as a digestive tonic by loosening toxins in your digestive tract and it helps relieving symptoms upset stomach or indigestion such as heartburn, burping, and bloating. While drinking lemon water regularly I've noticed some differences after meals as I used to suffer from stomach pain very often.

2. Improves Skin
Studies affirm that drinking lemon water helps decreasing blemishes and wrinkles too (fine lines obviously, don't expect all your wrinkles to disappear from drinking lemon juice, if you have any). This happens because lemons are high in antioxidants that are linking to anti-aging properties. As lemon water helps detoxifying your blood, it will help maintain its radiance and I've actually experienced this. I have some scars from acne and I've noticed that recently my skin has been feeling more soft and looking more healthy in part because of being hydrated too as I drink a lot of lemon water.

3. Cleanses and detoxifies
Lemon water helps stimulating your liver and this is great because it will help flush out some toxins in your body and also means that if you have a more sensitive liver, you can't exaggerate on the quantity of lemon that you add into your water. That's the reason why I prefer adding some slices only because squeezing lemon juice into my water makes me feel sick after two days. Besides that, I've noticed a more flat stomach and I never feel really full anymore!

What do you think of some of these benefits? Do you drink lemon water regularly?

No comments:

Post a Comment