Sunday, June 7

TOP 5 UNDER 5€ | MAKEUP EDITION



Drugstore brands have been stepping up their game and some amazing products have been launched. I thought I'd show you my top 5 favorite products from drugstore brands that are under 5€ and I hope you'll share with me some of your favorites!

Please note that I'm going to talk in euros all the time because this is the currency used in Portugal and in Spain where I bought some of these products (kind of) because I bought them online from a Spanish store that does free delivery to Portugal and Spain if you do more than 20€ shopping.

1. Essence I Heart Extreme Volume Mascara (3,59€)
This is the only mascara under 5€ that I truly love from all the ones I've tried (and I've tried a few). This is great for volumising your lashes and make them look very fluttery. The brush is quite big so you need to be careful if you're not used to work with large applicators but you'll soon be converted. It does require some work on the lashes, don't expect to achieve extremely full lashes with one coat but if you have the time and the patience to work the mascara onto the lashes, it will pay off. It doesn't flake off a bit after 8/9 hours but honestly I don't mind because for the price and for actually doing what it promises it's great!

2. Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 111 (4,25€)
This has honestly became one of my favorite lipstick of all time. It's super easy to apply, it dries matte but it doesn't feel dry, it feels quite creamy actually. It's incredibly pigmented and lasts really well on the lips. I wore this to prom (see some photos here), it lasted 8 hours and I only reapplied it once, considering that I was eating and drinking all the time I have to say it was a surprise. Even though it's a vibrant red, it's really pretty for Summer and for everyday wear has it has some orange undertones, it's beautiful. 

3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (4,95€)
This concealer has been my very best friend for months now and I'm not sorry to reveal so because with all the exams and stressful days due to school I don't have as much time to sleep as I'd enjoy. It covers dark circles perfectly (I use the shade 15 Fair which is a tiny bit more pinkish) and redness and blemishes too (I use either the 15 Fair or the 20 Sand). Something I love about this is the fact that it actually adjusts to me skin tone so evenly, it's amazing. It lasts around 6 hours without needing to
touch up but it does set a bit into fine lines. 

4. Essence Longlasting Lipsticks (2,99€)
These are my most used lipsticks ever. I own three different shades and I love all of them. I haven't noticed any difference on the formula depending on the color as might happen to some other lipsticks. They're very creamy, don't dry your lips and feel very comfortable. The application is really easy so they're perfect for everyday wear. They will last a good few hours by themselves but if you apply a lip liner underneath is much better. I love the Essence lip liners to go with these lipsticks and they retail for 1,29€
Right to Left: 04 On The Catwalk, 06 Barely There, 01 Coral Calling

This blush was a complete surprise. I never expected makeup from clothing stores to actually be this lovely. I've done a review on it and my opinion hasn't changed since that day. I have been using it everyday since I bought it and I honestly think it's a gorgeous color. I bought it on sale for 1.99€ or something like that but I've never seen any H&M blush that would be more 5€. They will be launching a new range of beauty and makeup later this year and I can't wait to try a few things! Head over to this page to read a full review of this gorgeous blush.

Have you ever tried any of these products? Tell me some of your favorite products that are under 5€ (or other currency)!

No comments:

Post a Comment