Tuesday, May 26

GOING TO PROM


Senior year always means prom and loads of other fun things to do but I was never too interested on it or excited! Happily some of my friends convinced me to go and my boyfriend wanted to go too so I did went to prom and I don't regret it!

If you haven't gone to prom yet let me just tell you one thing: don't worry too much about it! After I decided I was going I was freaking out because I didn't know what dress I'd take and as I decided it two weeks before prom I didn't really have a lot of time to choose but you know.. Go with it! Prom is supposed to be fun and once you're there you won't even remember if your dress was 20€ or 200€.

I know prom isn't the same in every country so why not tell you a bit more about my prom? In Portugal prom is usually for those who are about to go to University but recently students from ninth grade have their own prom too as they will be going to the named "High School" next year. Prom is usually organised by a student association that is chosen in the beginning of the year by all the students and ours did a very good job, the place was beautiful and the food was delicious! I'm sorry I didn't take pictures of it but my camera obviously didn't fit into my clutch haha

I was probably wearing one of the most simple dresses but I don't mind because I felt pretty and comfortable as I didn't want to wear a dress that wasn't my style. I absolutely loved my hair and I have to thank my aunt because she's an amazing hairdresser and I need to thank my mum for the shoes, beautiful! 

I had so much fun and it was amazing to actually be with all those people without worrying about school and exams and just enjoying ourselves. Unfortunately I didn't stay till the end because I wasn't feeling good so my boyfriend drove me home but I loved it anyway!

I am sorry I don't have any good photos by myself but I didn't want to be asking the photographer to be taking my pictures, poor girl! There's was this moment we even had to wait for our turn because everyone wanted to take photos! I hope you like it anyway!

Tell me all about your experience! Have you gone to prom? Are you still going? Did you enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment