Thursday, October 16

SAYING YES


Stepping out of our comfort zone is something a bit scary but it may bring many amazing things to your life and you may live new and fantastic experiences that you'll remember for the rest of your life. If you say 'yes' to something and end up not liking it, it's not the end of the world because learning to say 'no' is important too.

For a long time, I thought that being in my little world and do the same things every day was the right way of living my life. Don't get me wrong, having a routine that makes you feel safe is not bad but it is bad when you start to refuse invitations to new things because you're afraid. Most of the times we're afraid because we don't know how to behave in a certain place, we've never met most of the people there or we had a bad experience in a similar situation.

I used to spend a lot of time at home and I started to feel quite isolated from everyone else until one of my best friends made me jump out of that box. Since I started to change my mind about new things, I've met wonderful people and created great memories (it may sound a cliché but it couldn't be more true).
My friend had asked me to go out with her several times and I was saying 'no' all the time. One day that changed. I went with her and I loved it. We were a little group in a cafe just talking and chilling for a few hours after a week of school (nothing crazy), then we planned to go there once in two weeks and we ended up going there twice a week. I felt like nothing could upset me while I was there and I could feel so relaxed because I knew everyone was having a good time. Since then, I met my boyfriend and I've become a less shy person.

This small and simple experience was just an example to tell you - those of prefer to stay in their comfort zone - that saying 'yes' can only bring good things to your life. By saying 'yes' doesn't mean that your life you'll be perfect nor that you'll like all the situations you'll go through but it does mean that you're able to enjoy your life, to have a great time and to take all the opportunities that may come to you.
You never know what saying 'yes' will bring to you but you know that saying 'no' will bring you nothing.

How do you feel about comfort zones?

No comments:

Post a Comment