Saturday, August 9

Tips for Blogging


I may not be in the world of blogging for a long time but there are a few things that I learned quite quickly & those things I intend to keep in my mind every day!

First, you make your own rules! You decide what you post on your blog & when you post it! Just because some people upload new things everyday doesn't mean you have to do it. It's YOUR blog, so you decide if you want to post once, twice or three times a week: it's your decision. I have never established any rule because sometimes I have many ideas and sometimes I don't!

Second, write about something that makes you comfortable! You may like to read post about makeup but if know nothing about it, probably you should write about something that you have knowledge of. There are many successful blogs that rarely talk about makeup or fashion. You can just write something about your day, give advices about things you know or comment on an issue that you've heard on media.

Third, running out of ideas it's normal! Right in the beginning, I always wanted to post new things and be very active but for some reason ZERO ideas were popping out. Obviously, I would get really mad at myself because that made me feel like I was failing but you're NOT. Never force yourself to write because that will be noticeable on the quality of your blog posts.

Fourth, get organized! If you're having new ideas constantly, write everything down! Probably, you won't like some of them when you check them out later but even those can inspire yourself to get some other ideas. Besides that, you can always keep those ideas for when your brain is totally blocked (used them only if you truly like them). 

Fifth, be honest! You should always be honest with your followers & more important: with yourself! This is your blog and people who read it believe in your word so being as honest as you can it's the best for everyone because that way you're sure that people like you & your blog for what you think & say. Never go after someone. Just because that popular blog said one thing, doesn't mean you need to agree with it. Your own ideas have way more value that being passive.

EXTRA TIP: Get inspired & don't copy! Following many good blogs and blogs that you like may help to get new ideas because something you read remembered you of something else & that is a great thing! The problem is when you take the same issue, the same thoughts and just write it in different words, that has no value at all because that's not even something that you thought about. 

So yeah, these are all my tips for blogging and obviously these tips helped me in the very beginning (they still help me now, of course) but everyone gets their own tricks to feel alright and be successful!

SEE YOU NEXT TIME

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you need long experience, but just need to feel comfortable enough with blogging to be able to give others advice :)
    Thank you for the great post! xx
    www.seven-days.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words :) That's what I thought and even if these tips help only one person, it's great! xx

      Delete
  2. These are really great tips, I will definitely be taking them on board! My blog is a little bit similar to yours and it would really mean a lot if you checked it out and maybe left a comment on what you think of it?xx

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for you comment, I'll definitely check out your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete